We are currently looking to expand our DAS Engineering team. This position requires an individual to be technically proficient, well-organized, highly responsive to customers’ needs, and works well with others. Experience in the in-building wireless industry is required, preferably with a Repeater or DAS OEM, or provider of installation and integration services.
- Designing in-building distributed antenna systems (DAS) using iBwave software.
- Conducting on-site data collection using TEMS Investigation or equivalent tool.
- Processing data using TEMS Discovery or equivalent software.
- Onsite analysis using portable test equipment (e.g., signal generator, spectrum analyzer).
- Optimizing systems for interoperability between in-building and macro, with respect to both coverage and capacity needs.
- DAS troubleshooting and formulation of recommendations for performance improvement of existing systems.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in managing all steps of turnkey projects from site survey to RF design, installation, commissioning, optimization, and testing.
- Responding to Technical Support inquiries via email or phone. Some after-hours Technical Support may be required.
- Generating and presenting Technical Support reports and presentations.
- Producing technical materials (e.g., spec sheets, user manuals, quick-start guides, troubleshooting guides, white papers).
- Creating and presenting training materials (in-person training as well as online videos and exams).
- BS in Engineering (Electrical or RF Engineering degree preferred)
- Experience in in-building wireless industry (carrier experience or experience with DAS or turnkey integrators highly preferred)
- Experience using iBwave in-building RF design software
- Experience with Fiber DAS equipment (e.g., CommScope/Andrew, TE/ADC, Corning MobileAccess)
- Experience with data collection tools (e.g., TEMS Investigation)
- Experience with post processing tools (e.g., TEMS Discovery)
- Experience with hand held test equipment (e.g., signal generator, spectrum analyzer)
- Solid knowledge of wireless technologies (GSM/WCDMA/UMTS/HSPA/CDMA/LTE)
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Excellent written, presentation, and interpersonal skills